Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) Application 2019/2020
About; In 2011, the Health Science faculty (Medunsa) separated from the University of Limpopo’s main campus. This is when Sefako Makgatho began. It first opened it’s doors in 2015. It is located next to the Dr George Mukhari Academic Hospital.
The application process can be tricky. Worry no more, we have all the support you need to help you get through it. Click and read about Applications instructions
Before you apply to SMU you should have the following;
- Proof of payment of your application fee (compulsory for SA and International applicants)
- Certified copy of your ID document(ID document compulsory for SA citizens – your application cannot be processed without a certified copy of your ID.
- Exam Results:Final Grade 12 results (if available). Grade 11 results (if currently doing grade 12) are very important for your application. Thus, have it on hand.
- Remember you will need a valid email address when applying either online or in a hard copy . Note that the following systems do not accept emails from some of the universities: Hotmail, Webmail, Ymail, Outlook and Live. It is advisable to create and use a Gmail address for the application.
Be aware of the Application Date:
- 29 June 2019 [MBChB, B Rad, BDS, BDT, BoH, B Pharm and BSc Physio]
- 27 July 2019 [B Cur, BNSc, BSc Diet, B SLP & A, B Occ Ther, BSc (majoring in Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physiology, Psychology and Statistics)]
Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University required students to write NBTs before they can apply.
Date: 18 May 2019
Venue: SMU Sports Complex
Time: 07:30 – 16:00
Course Cost Range Per Annum ; Tuition costs at SMU range anywhere from R30 000 to R70 000.
CONTACT DETAILS : Do you have questions about your application? kindly call : Tel: (012) 521-4111.